Senior Full Stack Engineer, May 2018 - June 2021
- Built Meetup’s home and discovery experience using React, GatsbyJS, Next.js, GraphQL, Apollo, AWS and Typescript.
- Engineering lead for a team focused on web and API replatforming as well as a revenue growth team building paid events.
- Managed an engineer hired through a fellowship program supporting the advancement of Black professionals in tech.
- Created GraphQL queries that support millions of requests per day across web and native apps.
- Partnered closely with the Data team to implement internal analytics tracking across multiple applications.
- Developed key features for the Meetup Pro product using React, Redux and Flow.
- Simplified component architecture, improved performance and introduced accessibility standards and best practices.
- Worked across several services in Typescript, Java and Scala with complete unit, integration and end-to-end test coverage.
- Developed an internal admin tool used to manage the OAuth/API consumer business using React and GraphQL.
The New Yorker, NYC
Software Engineer, May 2016 - May 2018
- Migrated the New Yorker website from WordPress to a proprietary Node.js based CMS, as well as rebuilt the front-end using React, Redux and CSS Modules.
- Assisted in the development of the new Goings On About Town experience.
- Implemented a living visual style guide using our React components.
- Selected to work on an agile cross-functional team designed to increase subscribers.
- Built The New Yorker Google Chrome extension.
The Video Consortium, NYC
Engineering Director, October 2016 - May 2018
- Created a user directory for members of The Video Consortium.
- Built using an isomorphic React and Node.js configuration with a MongoDB database.
- Developed a fully functional user authentication system using Passport.js and Mailgun.
MCD Partners, NYC
Front-End Web Developer, October 2014 - May 2016
- Integrated Grunt, Sass, and Handlebars into front-end workflow to create semantic, well organized modular code.
- Communicated and collaborated with developers, designers, QA and producers on various agile projects.
- Built, maintained, and debugged sites that are completely WCAG 2.0 compliant. - Experienced with PHP, WordPress and Drupal.
- Created and tested responsive email templates for marketing campaigns.
ITS Spiders, Syracuse University
Web Developer, March 2013 - August 2014
- Collaborated with developers and project managers to create WordPress themes and plugins, while focusing on the front-end development and architecture.
- Led a team of three front-end developers, building expertise in mobile compliant WordPress theme development and debugging techniques.
- Trained and mentored new hires.